Saturday, April 10, 2010

Sister visit!

This week has been such an adventure. Last Thursday I was asked to come put together an enrichment birthday party in a week. Granted I did have help but there were a total of 4 of us from the Enrichment and Relief Society Presidency. I was the one who came up with the decorations and craft on Monday and pitched it to the others. They loved it and then it was all on me to put it together (the others did help but I was the one go to girl). We had decided to paint 3.5 inch blocks in spring colors and then modge-podge scrapbook paper on one side of them and then spelled out SPRING in vinal on the blocks. On Monday evening we hand delivered around 80 invitations to all of the sisters in our ward. On Wednesday night I worked on with 3 other sisters in the ward to sand around 200 blocks that had just been cut for the activity. On Thursday I arrived at the church at 4:30 and helped set up and decorate the gym. Everything fell together nicely. I now realize how much work goes into an Enrichment Night and I am glad it is all over so I can work on finishing my projects for all my classes. Here is a picture of the blocks that I put together.

So on Wednesday afternoon Isaac left on a backpacking trip for his backpacking class and would be gone until Sunday. The enrichment night occuplied me on Wednesday and Thursday night so on Friday my sister Jessica came down to visit and brought my two nephews Jacob (2)and Joshua (3 weeks). My friends Rochelle and Bridgette watched Jacob for us while I cut and colored Jessica's hair. Afterwards we went back to my apartment and ate pizza while Jacob watched Finding Nemo. Then we went for a walk to and around campus and back. When we got back we had rassberry sherbert with sprite and then watched Baby Mama. Here are a few pictures of our fun times we had!

No comments:

Post a Comment